Nigeria's Diamond Bank says not in merger or acquisition talks
By Reuters and Valentine Kondo | November 13th 2018
ABUJA - Nigeria’s Diamond Bank is not in merger or acquisition talks with any institution after saying it was aware of speculation that rival Access Bank plans to acquire it, the mid-tier lender said on Monday.
The management of Access Bank has also denied reports that it is in merger and acquisition talks with Diamond Bank Plc.
Access bank through a release sent to the Nigerian Stock Exchange by Sunday Ekwochi on Monday, denied having had negotiations on amalgamation with Diamond Bank.
The release stated, “As a publicly quoted company built on best practice, the bank is fully cognizant of its disclosure obligations in respect of any such corporate action and will always discharge its obligations in the most professional manner.”
Three astronauts return safely to Earth from International Space Station
- Mud thwarts man’s attempt to dump lover’s body
- The Obamas seek financial help to bring kin’s body home
- Man allegedly caught defiling daughter
- Kitui KCPE candidate ‘failed by his school’
- Woman: Nigerian man never conned me Sh31m, I gave him the money