Sh10b Suswa-Longonot Railway to be ready by June
By Joseph Kipsang | February 16th 2021
NAIVASHA, KENYA: The construction of the Sh10 billion 24 kilometer stretch of the new Meter Gauge Railway to connect Suswa-Longonot will be completed by June this year.
Transport CS James Macharia, his devolution counterpart Eugine Wamalwa, Trade and Industrialisation's Betty Maina, and Tourism CS Najib Balala have said that the stretch is aimed at enhancing the transfer of cargo from the Nairobi-Naivasha SGR to the Naivasha-Malaba MGR.
They have further aligned a host of other benefits including the setting up of an economic zone in Naivasha as well as boosting the tourism sector in the region.
They were speaking during an inspection of government projects that include the Naivasha Inland Container Depot and several roads projects
Fresh scheme to kick out Chebukati ahead of 2022
- Rejected at birth: Curse of being born out of incest
- Our baby is fine, says couple stuck in Thika Road night traffic
By Too Jared
- County invests Sh25 billion in health projects
- Cuba’s Raul Castro leaves political stage after decades
- Burial of State officer delayed
By James Omoro