DPP issues statement on assault of Mlango Kubwa MCA Patricia Mutheu
By Fay Ngina | July 29th 2020
Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji, on Tuesday, July 28, issued a
statement on the assault of Mlango Kubwa MCA Patricia Mutheu by Kenyan police
responded after Kenyans took to social media and condemned the police
that he had informed the Inspector General of Police, and investigations were
attention has been drawn to reports appearing in the media on the involvement
of police officers in assault of Mlango Kubwa MCA at the precincts of Nairobi
discussion with the IG, I have been informed that investigation is at an
advanced stage," read part of the statement by DPP Haji.
Haji added that the Independent Policing Oversight Authority (IPOA) and the
Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) were also involved.
have directed IPOA and DCI through the IG to have the matter expedited, and the
resultant files forwarded to my office for appropriate action," said Haji.
Patricia Mutheu faced the police brutality on Tuesday at City Hall, Nairobi,
during Speaker Beatrice Elachi's impeachment by MCA's.
the second time Nairobi MCA's tried to evict Elachi over abuse of office and
divisive leadership forcefully.
3,000m steeplechase duo of Chepkoech and Kiyeng duo chase elusive medal
- Cheruiyot is just happy to have finally raced at the biggest stage
- Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
- Syombua exit in 400m heats as Botswana’s Montsho calls it a day on the track
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession