Beatrice Elachi accuses Governor Sonko over her impeachment woes
By Nzioka Justin | July 28th 2020
In a new twist of events, Nairobi County Speaker, Ms.
Beatrice Elachi, pointed an accusing finger to the City-County Boss Governor
Sonko over her impeachment push.
Ms. Elachi attributed her troubles to her political disputes
with the ex-assembly clerk, Jacob Ngwele. Additionally, Ms. Elachi noted that
she was also being fought for supporting the Nairobi Metropolitan Services
The county speaker noted that the assembly members allied to Governor Sonko
were the ones behind her ouster push. She revealed how Sonko, together with
ex-clerk Mr. Jacob, was determined to frustrate the NMS's operations.
Ms. Elachi further noted that Sonko was busy fighting for
Jacob's reinstatement to achieve his purpose of having her ousted.
"...right now, he is very angry because he knows the
order that stopped his ouster can be revived now that Ngwele is gone...,"
Ms. Elachi stated.
In the meantime, MCAS allied to the Speaker threatened that
they would table a new motion in attempts to impeach Governor Sonko. The team
has vowed to initiate the impeachment process beginning Tuesday (today).
"...Instead of impeaching Elachi, it will be another
story as we will be impeaching Sonko," stated MCA Ogada. Also, Kayole
Central Ward Representative insisted that Ms. Elachi would be going nowhere
since the MCAS elected her.
Speaking over the appointment of a new clerk, Ms. Elachi defended
the move noting that the former clerk Ngwele has been in office against the
3,000m steeplechase duo of Chepkoech and Kiyeng duo chase elusive medal
- Cheruiyot is just happy to have finally raced at the biggest stage
- Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
- Syombua exit in 400m heats as Botswana’s Montsho calls it a day on the track
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession