Kenyans registering as refugees to get free food and money
By Veronicah Onjoro
| January 12th 2017
A news item that has caught my eye is about a story of Kenyans who registered as refugees at Daadab camp but when the refugees started going back to Somalia, they were caught in a catch-22 situation.
They now have to register again as Kenyans. They have now been given two weeks to formalise their Kenyan citizenship. When they registered as refugees, they benefited from money as well as food. Let this habit of freebies be put to a stop because it puts a strain on the real refugees.
Let the chiefs do thorough check-ups to rid Kenya of any insurgents or bad people out to harm the country.
Sorry you are not welcome: ANC tells Raila ahead of Mudavadi's big day
- Karen Nyamu: I have no apologies to make over my ‘chuma' remarks
- Kenyan politicians mere job seekers - Khaminwa
By Betty Njeru
- Businessman charged with air ticket fraud
- Bird flies 6,000km from Poland, dies in Nandi
By Edward Kosut
- Capital FM DJ dies after collapsing in office