Drama that shaped Ngugi wa Thiong'o's works, activism still relevant to Kenya
Ngũgĩ was detained without trial in 1977 after writing his first novel in Gikuyu. Democracy is gradually taking root in Kenya, but corruption is still rife.
By The Conversation | 10 days ago
I will Marry When I Want: When the curtain went up
This was probably the first time it was being performed so comprehensively before a Kenyan audience, and in both English and Kikuyu.
Ferdinand Mwongela | 19 days ago
Rename Thika Superhighway, Times Tower and others after Kibaki
- Murathe wants Raila to legalise bhang if he wins August polls
- Martha Karua downplays 'iron lady' tag on international media
- Meru man hangs on CS Peter Munya's helicopter
- Bishop uses birthday gifts to build granny a house
- Kabogo: I have moved on from Kenya Kwanza 'sibling rivalry'