Uganda court grants bail to 18 supporters of opposition leader Wine
The move follows the release on May 25 of a first batch of 17 activists from a group of 35 originally detained on Dec. 30, 2020.
By Reuters | 3 days ago
Wine, Besigye claim oppression ahead of Museveni swearing-in
Both Wine and Besigye allege harassment of their supporters by law enforcement officers.
Winfrey Owino | 1 month ago
Ruto backs bid to scrap degree rule for MCAs and MPs
- Museveni locks down Uganda for 42 days, revises curfew
By Betty Njeru
- Unions issue 14-day strike notice over SRC freeze in pay hikes
By Brian Otieno
- Tuju to walk 52 kilometres from Karen to Kijabe Hospital
- President Uhuru Kenyatta on two-day state visit to Turkey
- Nyanza: Rush to beat 7pm curfew, businesses closed