Man United board members 'want Mauricio Pochettino to be manager' at end of season
Members of the Manchester United board want Mauricio Pochettino installed as manager at the end of the season, according to reports.
The Argentine was a strong favourite to take the reins at Old Trafford following Jose Mourinho being sacked and replaced by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in 2018.
But the Norwegian hit the ground running during his temporary spell in charge at United, and was subsequently handed the manager's job on a permanent basis.
Solskjaer's record since becoming Red Devils boss hasn't been anywhere near as good as it should be, and the club are currently five points outside of the Champions League places.
The Norwegian isn't in immediate danger of being sacked and is liked by Red Devils supporters due to the legendary status he has at the club.
But according to The Independent, certain members of the United board are still keen on replacing Solskjaer with Pochettino at the end of the season.
He has been linked with other roles since, including the Barcelona job, despite his connections to Espanyol, but Quique Setien has now taken the hot seat at the Camp Nou.
Pochettino is keen on managing in the Premier League once more, and depending on Solskjaer's season, maybe offered the United job.
- Former international players urge for respect on FIFA's stand on FKF ElectionsFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus players agree to take pay reduction in Sh10 billion cost-cutFootball 2 days ago
- Chelsea player reveals difficulty of separation from children due to coronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- UEFA president admits that current season may not finishFootball 2 days ago
- Italian minister to propose extending sports ban to whole of April Football 2 days ago
- Former star OF Edmonds hospitalized with coronavirus symptomsFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus players, coach Sarri agree pay cut due to coronavirusFootball 2 days ago