Strathmore and MMUST set to continue dominance
Strathmore Leos and Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST RFC) will be aiming to continue their dominance in the 2019 -20 KRU Championship as the second tier league competition resumes today after the Christmas break.
Strathmore boasts a 100 percent record that they will seek to extend this weekend when they host sixth-placed Egerton Wasps in Madaraka with captain Gabriel Adero confident of registering their 10th consecutive win.
Speaking to the Standard Sports, Adero said the team has been training well and was riding high and also motivated by their stellar performance in the first leg last year.
“We are ready for the match against Wasps with our focus being to continue our winning streak. Our objective still remains to finish the season on top and that is why we have been training hard,” he said.
MMUST who are eight points behind leaders Strathmore will be keen to maintain their second spot when they travel to play Mombasa RFC at the Mombasa Sportsground.
“We had a very good start to the season despite losing to Leos at home but the team has so far picked up. Our target remains reducing the gap between us and the leaders,” MMUST captain Samwel Mbeche said.
Third-placed Mean Machine host Eldoret RFC as ninth-placed South Coast Pirates host Kisii RFC in Ukunda.
The Catholic University Ground in Karen will play host to a doubleheader as Northern Suburbs face the University of Eldoret as Catholic Monks entertain United States International University-Africa Martials at 4 pm.
- Casillas to run for Spanish FA PresidentFootball 33 minutes ago
- Tokyo 2020 unveils Games mottoSports 10 hours ago
- Revealed! Pep Guardiola’s future after Man City's two-year ban from the Champions LeagueFootball 2 days ago
- Man United predicted starting line-up vs ChelseaPremier League 6 hours ago
- Mauricio Pochettino and Brendan Rodgers 'top contenders for Man City job' Gossip & Rumours 1 day ago
- Harambee Starlets striker Esse Akida joins Turkish top-flight side Besiktas on a two-year dealFootball 1 hour ago
- Why we settled on new Olympic kit Athletics 21 hours ago