SCHOOLS: Rift Valley to host Term One games in April
Kapsabet Boys in Nandi County will host this year’s Term One secondary school’s games.
According to the 2020 co-curricular calendar of events, the games, which will also be at Kapsabet Girls High School, will run from April 14-23, where 1,900 participants are expected to take part.
Players will compete in basketball, hockey, rugby, rugby 15s, Sevens, swimming, handball, and athletics.
The calendar is addressed to regional, county and sub-county coordinators and directors of education including principals of teachers training colleges and other tertiary institutions.
Term Two games will be held from July 31 to August 9 at Kakamega High and Mukumu Girls School in the Western region.
Students will also compete in netball, football under-19 and 16, volleyball, badminton, lawn tennis and table tennis.
Moi Girls Eldoret will host special secondary school’s national athletics from April 14-22 where 800 participants are expected to attend.
Special needs national secondary schools Term Two ball games will be from July 30 to August 8 at Bungoma High School.
Kenya will host the East Africa school games at the Mpesa Foundation Academy, in Thika from August 14 to 24, where teams from Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan are expected to compete in the annual championships.
In primary school games, Embu County will host the national athletics championships from April 13-18.
Kisii County will play host to national primary schools Term Two ball games, that include football, netball, handball and volleyball under-15 from August 2 to 9.
Meanwhile, Kagumo Teachers Training College in Nyeri will host national college ball games from March 28 to April 5, while Kigari Teachers Training College, in Embu, will host the national college Paralympic and athletics championships from May 8-16.
Mombasa will host the national drama festivals from April 13-24 with Eastern playing host to the national music festival scheduled for August 4-16.
- Everton's Keane says players can be ready in a fortnightPremier League 2 days ago
- Fallen champions Friends School Kamusinga promise to rise againHockey 2 days ago
- Why Injera believes future of Kenya's Sevens rugby is safeRugby 2 days ago
- Arsenal and Manchester United players unite to help fight CoronavirusFootball 2 days ago
- Premier League stars expecting to take a pay cut amid Coronavirus pandemicFootball 2 days ago
- International Cricket Council postpones World Cup qualifiers due to Covid-19Cricket 2 days ago
- Pigamingi: Golfers beware: Covid-19 is realGolf 2 days ago