Arsenal and Tottenham 'handed transfer boost' in pursuit of Ajax's Hakim Ziyech
Arsenal and Tottenham's hopes of signing Ajax star Hakim Ziyech have been handed a huge boost after the winger was told he can leave in January.
Ziyech starred in the Dutch club's storming Champions League run to the semi-finals last season and has been in equally good form this campaign.
The 26-year-old put Chelsea to the sword in the thrilling 4-4 draw at Stamford Bridge in November and has averaged a goal every three games in all competitions.
His form has put him on the radar of several elite clubs, with Arsenal and Tottenham both leading the race.
And CalcioMercato reports the Moroccan international has been given the green light to seek a move away from the Amsterdam club this month, but can only leave if his asking price is met.
Ajax have priced the winger at £43 million - a decent mark-up on the £10 million they paid FC Twente in 2016. Ziyech is contracted to Ajax until 2022, meaning there is no pressure for them to sell.
He is keen for a move elsewhere, however, after seeing his former teammates Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt flourish at Barcelona and Juventus respectively.
Arsenal and Spurs could yet be involved in another transfer battle over the services of Norwich's Max Aarons.
The full-back has emerged as a target for both sides after his impressive displays for the Canaries in his debut season in the Premier League.
Norwich are desperate to keep hold of the 20-year-old but are resigned to losing him should they be relegated come May.
- Van Dijk: Atletico were lucky to beat LiverpoolFootball 1 day ago
- Casillas to run for Spanish FA PresidentFootball 2 days ago
- Former Rugby star and three children die in car fire tragedyRugby 1 day ago
- Manchester United win 2-0 at Chelsea amid VAR controversyFootball 2 days ago
- East Africans rue missed chance to continental dutyBasketball 1 day ago
- Tottenham injury woes: Son Heung-Min to undergo surgeryFootball 1 day ago
- Harambee Starlets striker Esse Akida joins Turkish top-flight side Besiktas on a two-year dealFootball 2 days ago