Tusker pile more woes on Sharks as Bandari hit Wazito at Mbaraki
Luke Namanda scored a second-half brace as Tusker rallied from behind to beat struggling Kariobangi Sharks 3-1 in yesterday’s Kenya Premier League match at Kasarani Stadium.
The victory saw the second-placed brewers narrow the gap on league leaders Gor Mahia to a point (25) as Sharks remained stuck in the relegation zone.
Kevintom Machina had given William Muluya’s men the lead on the stroke of half-time, only for former Gor Mahia striker George Odhiambo to draw level in the 70th minute.
Namanda then got his name on the score sheet 10 minutes later after pouncing on a rebound before the former Nzoia Sugar man hit the final nail in Sharks’ casket three minutes to stoppage time.
In Mombasa’s Mbaraki Sports Club, Bandari ended their six-game winless run in the domestic league in style with a 4-1 thrashing of Wazito at Mbaraki Stadium. The Dockers had not won a league tie since getting a walkover against Chemelil Sugar on October 19.
Shaban Kenga scored a brace in the 27th and 80th minutes, with David Owino scoring an own goal. Yuma Mwana scored the fourth goal for the hosts.
Siraj Mohammed scored an own goal to gift Wazito the consolation goal.
- Title race intensifies as KPL resumes with seven matches Football 1 hour ago
- Is this Bidco United’s yearSports 2 days ago
- Manchester United make Bruno Fernandes breakthroughGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Athletics Championships: Sports CS inspects World U-20 facilities at KUSports 41 minutes ago
- Cherono to lead Boston Marathon line upAthletics 1 day ago
- Why Tottenham Hotspur are finding it difficult to sell Victor WanyamaFootball 2 hours ago
- Former Super Eagles star Ikpeba to grace Soya galaSports 2 days ago