Real Madrid winger Vazquez breaks toe in dumbbell accident
Real Madrid winger Lucas Vazquez has broken his toe, the club announced on Thursday.
Vazquez sustained the injury after dropping a dumbbell on his foot in the gym, according to reports in the Spanish press.
"After tests done today on our player Lucas Vazquez, the medical services of Real Madrid have diagnosed him with a fracture in the big toe of his left foot," read a club statement.
Madrid have not specified how long Vazquez will need to recover.
The Spaniard had just returned from a calf injury, which had kept him out for almost six weeks.
- Arsenal outlook changes in the space of nine minutesFootball 2 days ago
- Man City fan arrested over alleged racial abuse releasedFootball 2 days ago
- Barcelona president sends message to Guardiola as Man City 'prepare to lose him'Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Russia reacts with anger after doping banSports 2 days ago
- Tennis 101: Here’s what you need to know about the sportTennis 2 days ago
- Shock as Mourinho targets Fellaini for January window transfer Premier League 2 days ago
- Solskjaer challenges Rashford to emulate Cristiano Ronaldo at Man UnitedPremier League 2 days ago