Liverpool dealt double injury blow ahead of Crystal Palace clash
Liverpool has been dealt a double injury blow ahead of their clash with Crystal Palace on Saturday with Mohamad Salah and Andy Robertson set to miss out.
The pair have been doubtful with ankle injuries which have kept them out of international duty.
According to Sky Sports News, the pair are now expected to miss the Reds' return to Premier League action at Anfield.
Salah has been struggling with his damaged ankle since a strong challenge from Hamza Choudhury in Liverpool's 2-1 win over Leicester back on October 5.
The damage forced him to miss their clash at Manchester United before a tackle from Fernandinho saw him aggravate the injury against Manchester City in their last game.
He was filmed with a protective boot on his foot with the Egypt side before withdrawing from international duty and returning to Merseyside.
Robertson, meanwhile, left the City game with a swollen ankle, forcing him out of Scotland's two games.
Speaking of his frustration at being unable to captain his national side against Cyprus and Kazakhstan, he said: “I don’t care what game it is, I want to play it and my track record in the last five years has shown that.
"But I don’t want to pick up more injuries and ruin my season because of it.
"I’ve had to listen to the people around me when previously I would have told them to beat it. The fact my ankle has swollen up again has made it easier to miss these games.
"For the last two and a half weeks I’ve not trained at all for Liverpool. I’ve trained the day before a game, missed a Champions League game other than the last 15 minutes against Genk and missed Arsenal in the League Cup.”
Joe Gomez and Jordan Henderson also pulled out of international duty, with Gomez suffering a knock in training and Henderson failing to shake of a viral infection.
Virgil van Dijk also skipped Holland duty due to "personal reasons".
- Wilson Kipsang survives road accident [Photos]Athletics 2 days ago
- Chelsea boss Lampard to move for Zaha in JanuaryGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Top swimmers in East Africa converge in Mombasa todaySwimming 2 days ago
- Paul Pogba ruled out of AZ Alkmaar clashFootball 2 days ago
- Why Simeone can't afford another slip at AtleticoFootball 2 days ago
- Russian champ blasts own sports authorities over banAthletics 2 days ago
- Benitez not keen on Arsenal and Everton jobsPremier League 2 days ago