Narok: Stadium to be named after Ntimama
The refurbished Narok Stadium will be renamed William ole Ntimama Stadium.
The announcement was made yesterday by Environment Cabinet Secretary Keriako Tobiko. Mr Tobiko said leaders from the Maasai community had made the proposal to the government.
He said the late Ntimama (pictured) was a hero of the Maasai people and deserved to be honoured.
“The request by the Maasai community leaders to have the Narok Stadium renamed in honor of William ole Ntimama has been accepted by the government,” said Tobiko.
He added that the unveiling of the new name would be done by Sports Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed.
- Liverpool beat Man United to sign Japan star Minamino Premier League 2 days ago
- Former Liverpool FC WAG guilty of funding terrorism over ISIS supportPremier League 2 days ago
- Aguero and Stones to miss Arsenal Vs Man City clash through injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Guardiola denies Man City break clausePremier League 2 days ago
- Okwiri thirsts for title defence Boxing 1 day ago
- NSL: Stakes high ahead of City Stars, Black Stars matchSports 1 day ago
- RUGBY: MMUST seek redemption as Strathmore eye top spotRugby 1 day ago