Athletics: Chebet and Kiplimo rule in Baringo 10km race
World Under-20 5,000m champion Beatrice Chebet and Samuel Kiplimo are this year's Baringo 10km road race winners of the event held at Kabarnet yesterday.
The Londiani-based Chebet clocked 33:49.55 to win the women’s event. Vivian Chepkurui of Elgeyo Marakwet finished second in 34:42.33 ahead of Sharon Chemweno (35:39.19) who closed the podium places.
In the men’s 10km battle, Kiplimo was in class of his own dominated the race clocking 28:55.32 for victory.
"The course was tedious with the hilly terrains, but I managed to overcome the conditions to win the race," Kiplimo said.
Emmanuel Bett was second in 29:04.36 while Emmanuel Bor finished third in 29:20.87. Iten-based Weldon Kipkirui timed 29:35.76 for fourth place with Emmanuel Kipchirchir finishing fifth in 29:39.03.
The 6km junior men race was won by Hosea Kigen from Elgeyo Marakwet who clocked 12:46.22 while Joylene Jepkemei from Londiani won the 4km junior women race after clocking 14:13.58.
Winners of the 10km race pocketed Sh60,000, first runners up Sh40,000 and third place finishers Sh30,000 in both the women and men races.
The race was supported by the Tourism Fund, Geothermal Development Corporation, Sirwo Enterprises and the Baringo County
- City Stars go eight-points clear as Shabana bounce backFootball 1 day ago
- Wilson Kipsang survives road accident [Photos]Athletics 19 hours ago
- Rooney bought me a new Lamborghini after Man United stars bullied me – TevezFootball 2 days ago
- Tennis 101: Here’s what you need to know about the sportTennis 1 day ago
- Russia reacts with anger after doping banSports 1 day ago
- Everton investigate 'homophobic' chants at Chelsea fansFootball 2 days ago
- Basketball: Ulinzi Warriors lock horns with ThunderBasketball 2 days ago