Tottenham 1 – 1 Sheffield Utd: Spluttering Spurs held at home by Sheffield United
Tottenham Hotspur's winless run in the Premier League stretched to five games as George Baldock's equaliser earned an impressive Sheffield United side a 1-1 draw on Saturday.
The hosts were fortunate to go ahead in the 58th minute through Son Heung-min's goal and again when David McGoldrick's apparent equaliser soon afterwards was ruled out by VAR.
Son's goal was Tottenham's first attempt on target but it failed to spark Mauricio Pochettino's side into life.
Chris Wilder's United kept plugging away and were duly rewarded when Baldock's miscued low cross sneaked in at the back post, the goal allowed to stand after another VAR check.
Tottenham showed belated urgency and Lucas Moura almost snatched a win in stoppage time when his piledriver was tipped over the bar by Dean Henderson.
The draw lifted United into fifth spot on 17 points with Tottenham languishing in 12th, three points worse off.
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 2 days ago
- AK: Dopers have nowhere to hideAthletics 2 days ago
- USIU host Mean Machine in battle for play offsRugby 2 days ago
- Why Guardiola will not watch Liverpool vs Man UnitedPremier League 2 days ago
- Ashley Young begins 'new adventure' at Inter MilanFootball 2 days ago
- Top rugby player forced to abandon career after serious spinal injuryRugby 2 days ago
- Bruno Fernandes future is 'still unclear' amid Man United linksGossip & Rumours 2 days ago