Massive crowds in Eldoret to witness Kipchoge’s INEOS challenge [Photos]
Thousands of Eldoret residents woke up as early as 5:00 am to flood the streets of the town for one purpose, the INEOS 1:59 Challenge.
Kenya's Eliud Kipchoge, the world’s marathon record holder, will attempt to complete a 42-kilometer marathon under two hours in Vienna, Austria.
A major marketing campaign will publicise the run and live coverage will be broadcast across the world, both on traditional and digital channels. Tens of thousands of spectators are expected to attend.
INEOS 1:59 Challenge is being supported by INEOS, one of the world’s largest manufacturing companies, which also sponsors the children’s running charities, GO Run For Fun and The Daily Mile.
On May 6 this year, Kipchoge told Associated Press: “I want to unlock that thought that there are limitations in the human being,” “There are no barriers when you believe in yourself and try and trust in what you are doing,” he added.
- Ronaldo hat-trick fires Portugal to brink of Euro 2020 qualificationFootball 2 days ago
- 'Clinical' England smash seven past Montenegro to reach Euro 2020 in styleFootball 2 days ago
- Turkey hold Iceland to reach Euro 2020 alongside FranceFootball 2 days ago
- Giroud penalty lifts France past brave MoldovaFootball 2 days ago
- Ex-Arsenal striker Henry lands new coaching jobFootball 2 days ago
- Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic headed to Liverpool?Gossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Arsenal’s Europa League opponents forbidden from selling tickets to their fansFootball 2 days ago