Massive crowds in Eldoret to witness Kipchoge’s INEOS challenge [Photos]
Thousands of Eldoret residents woke up as early as 5:00 am to flood the streets of the town for one purpose, the INEOS 1:59 Challenge.
Kenya's Eliud Kipchoge, the world’s marathon record holder, will attempt to complete a 42-kilometer marathon under two hours in Vienna, Austria.
A major marketing campaign will publicise the run and live coverage will be broadcast across the world, both on traditional and digital channels. Tens of thousands of spectators are expected to attend.
INEOS 1:59 Challenge is being supported by INEOS, one of the world’s largest manufacturing companies, which also sponsors the children’s running charities, GO Run For Fun and The Daily Mile.
On May 6 this year, Kipchoge told Associated Press: “I want to unlock that thought that there are limitations in the human being,” “There are no barriers when you believe in yourself and try and trust in what you are doing,” he added.
- Bournemouth player tests positive for COVID-19Premier League 1 day ago
- Burundi footballers play on amid coronavirus pandemicFootball 2 days ago
- New Man United away kit for 2020/21 season leaked [PHOTOS]Gossip & Rumours 5 hours ago
- Sagna says Arsenal feared Chelsea much more than the other way roundFootball 15 hours ago
- Gym closures force Kenyan sports champions to train by roadsideAthletics 20 hours ago
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic suffers potential career-ending injury – reportsGossip & Rumours 19 hours ago
- Bundesliga stat suggests home advantage has disappeared behind closed doors Football 16 hours ago