Brugge and Galatasaray ends goalless
Club Brugge and Galatasaray played out a goalless stalemate in their opening Champions League Group A game at the Jan Breydelstadion on Wednesday.
Both teams hit the woodwork in an otherwise uneventful match ahead of the much-awaited clash between Paris St Germain and Real Madrid in the same group.
Brugge had the best chance in the first half when Federico Ricca’s strike hit the crossbar and the Turkish side also went close on the hour with Sofiane Feghouli’s effort brushing the top of the bar.
The Belgians were also denied a late penalty after a VAR review for a possible Marcao handball three minutes from time.
Galatasaray next host PSG and Brugge travel to Real Madrid on Oct. 1.
- Murray's pre-season training interrupted by groin injuryTennis 2 days ago
- Premier League confirms Masters as new chief executivePremier League 2 days ago
- Liverpool ready to move for Salburg star Minamino in the January transfer windowPremier League 2 days ago
- Liverpool beat Man United to sign Japan star Minamino Premier League 2 days ago
- Former Liverpool FC WAG guilty of funding terrorism over ISIS supportPremier League 2 days ago
- Aguero and Stones to miss Arsenal Vs Man City clash through injuryPremier League 2 days ago
- Guardiola denies Man City break clausePremier League 1 day ago