Brugge and Galatasaray ends goalless
Club Brugge and Galatasaray played out a goalless stalemate in their opening Champions League Group A game at the Jan Breydelstadion on Wednesday.
Both teams hit the woodwork in an otherwise uneventful match ahead of the much-awaited clash between Paris St Germain and Real Madrid in the same group.
Brugge had the best chance in the first half when Federico Ricca’s strike hit the crossbar and the Turkish side also went close on the hour with Sofiane Feghouli’s effort brushing the top of the bar.
The Belgians were also denied a late penalty after a VAR review for a possible Marcao handball three minutes from time.
Galatasaray next host PSG and Brugge travel to Real Madrid on Oct. 1.
- Gor and Bandari drawn against tough opposition in Confederation CupFootball 2 days ago
- Nairobi Stima seek to switch off TalantaFootball 2 days ago
- Harambee Stars ready to skin MambasFootball 2 days ago
- Golfers should leave world-record running to Eliud KipchogeGolf 2 days ago
- Tensions rise as typhoon looms over Japan-Scotland showdownRugby 2 days ago
- FIFA bans former top football official Football 2 days ago
- Chevrolet deal set to end due to United's struggles on pitchFootball 2 days ago