Malkia Strikers make false start in Japan
Kenya made a false start with two successive defeats at the FIVB World Cup Women Volleyball in Hamamatsu and Yokohama in Japan.
The Kenyan team popularly referred to as Malkia Strikers lost to Netherlands yesterday in straight sets of 25-12, 25-19 and 25-17.
The loss came on the back of another defeat at the hands of the US. Malkia Strikers composed of experienced setter Janet Wanja, Sharon Chepchumba, Mercy Moim, Noel Murambi, Triza Atuka and Edith Wisa could not match the US as they in straight sets of 14-25, 20-25 and 14-25.
Kenya and Cameroon are the two African representatives.
Yesterday, Cameroon also had a bad start in their opening match when they fell by straight sets to the Chinese.
China won in straight sets of 25-18, 25-14 and 25-19.
In other matches, the Netherlands walloped Argentina by straight sets of 25-16, 25-17 and 25-18.
Meanwhile, National Volleyball League champions General Service Unit defeated Kenya Ports Authority 3-1 (25-13, 24-26, 25-20 and 25-21) to romp into the finals of the Laikipia County Volleyball Championships at Nanyuki Stadium yesterday.
The paramilitary men were set to face Kenya Prisons in the finals last evening.
The warders had earlier dismissed Equity Bank 3-2(25-23, 15-25, 25-17, 17-25 and 15-11) in the second semi-final match before setting a date with the paramilitary men.
- Prince Harry reemerges for Rugby League World Cup drawRugby 2 days ago
- Why children could be banned from heading the ball in ScotlandFootball 2 days ago
- Bruno Fernandes plans confirmed by Sporting Lisbon coach Premier League 2 days ago
- Tanzanian striker set to light up the Premier LeagueFootball 2 days ago
- UEFA change Team of the Year formation to fit in Cristiano RonaldoFootball 2 days ago
- Firmino in tears as Liverpool teammate Alisson assists emotional baptism [PHOTOS]Football 2 days ago
- FIBA AfroBasket qualifiers: Brave Somalia gives Kenyans real scareBasketball 2 days ago