Kenya's Brigid Kosgei breaks half marathon world record
Kenyan runner Brigid Kosgei has won the elite women's race at the Great North Run and the process setting the course with a time of 64:28.
Magdalene Masai and Linet Masai, who are popularly known as the "Masai" sisters came in second and third respectively.
Early this year, Brigid Kosgei won the 39th edition of the London Marathon crossing the finish line in a personal best of 2:18:20 ahead of compatriot Vivian Cheruiyot, who finished second in 2:20:14.
Back in 2017, Kosgei finished second at the Chicago Marathon, a personal best time of 2:20:22 before lowering it a year later in winning the same marathon in 2:18:35.?
- Deaflympics: Kenya team continue good performancesAthletics 1 day ago
- Teenager Saka scores as Arsenal win at Frankfurt in Europa LeagueFootball 5 hours ago
- Manchester United injury list grows ahead of Europa League clashFootball 1 day ago
- Kipchoge says he's getting stronger each dayAthletics 2 days ago
- Ballon d'Or organisers introduce goalkeeper awardFootball 7 hours ago
- Former football star passes away after battle with motor neurone diseaseFootball 1 day ago
- Kenyan charges off to fine start at African games showAthletics 2 days ago