Kenya's Brigid Kosgei breaks half marathon world record
Kenyan runner Brigid Kosgei has won the elite women's race at the Great North Run and the process setting the course with a time of 64:28.
Magdalene Masai and Linet Masai, who are popularly known as the "Masai" sisters came in second and third respectively.
Early this year, Brigid Kosgei won the 39th edition of the London Marathon crossing the finish line in a personal best of 2:18:20 ahead of compatriot Vivian Cheruiyot, who finished second in 2:20:14.
Back in 2017, Kosgei finished second at the Chicago Marathon, a personal best time of 2:20:22 before lowering it a year later in winning the same marathon in 2:18:35.?
- KPL not sure of prize money for the on-going seasonFootball 11 hours ago
- First openly gay British football player Fashanu makes Hall of FameFootball 2 days ago
- Tuwei and Kszczot set to clash in Madrid tonightAthletics 13 hours ago
- Former Rugby star and three children die in car fire tragedyRugby 2 days ago
- Bandari re-appoint former head coach to steer shipFootball 2 days ago
- FIA says Safari Rally will add adventure to World ChampionshipSports 14 hours ago
- Casillas to end playing career, says Porto presidentFootball 2 days ago