UON Dynamites edge out Zetech Sparks in KBF league
Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) women's Premier League rookies University of Nairobi (UON) Dynamites yesterday beat Zetech University's Sparks 50-47 at Nyayo Gymnasium.
It was sweet revenge for Dynamites as they avenged the 24-50 first leg loss to Sparks. Elizabeth Okumu top scored for Dynamites with 15 points with Trizah Okeyo and Faith Atieno adding 11 and eight points respectively.
Zetech's Lucy Musyoki sunk a game high 17 points but her efforts were not good enough to see her side complete a double against UON. Naomi Bosibori and Terry Oloo were also impressive for Sparks with eight and 10 points.
Dynamites who are determined to seal a play-offs slot staged a brilliant show in the second half to snatch the victory.
Okumu's brilliance saw UON settle and dominated the first quarter and taking a 15-7 lead.
Musyoki would stabilise Zetech in the second period as she outsmarted the opponent's defence to see her side score 13 points against Dynamites five for a level 20-20 score at the breather.
UON were more rejuvenated in the third quarter but the Zetech trio of Naomi, Musyoki and Maureen Bosibori would not let them have their way as they played well in both offence and defence.
However, resilient Dynamites would fight on to take to score 13 points, four more than Zetech.
- Prince Harry reemerges for Rugby League World Cup drawRugby 2 days ago
- Why children could be banned from heading the ball in ScotlandFootball 2 days ago
- Bruno Fernandes plans confirmed by Sporting Lisbon coach Premier League 2 days ago
- Tanzanian striker set to light up the Premier LeagueFootball 2 days ago
- UEFA change Team of the Year formation to fit in Cristiano RonaldoFootball 2 days ago
- Firmino in tears as Liverpool teammate Alisson assists emotional baptism [PHOTOS]Football 2 days ago
- FIBA AfroBasket qualifiers: Brave Somalia gives Kenyans real scareBasketball 2 days ago