Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals when he will unveil new-look Man United starting 11
Manchester United fans could get their first glimpse of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's new-look starting line-up when they take on AC Milan in August.
The two European giants will meet at Cardiff's Principality Stadium on August 3 in the International Champions Cup.
The fixture comes just nine days before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer kicks-off his first Premier League season in charge against Chelsea at Old Trafford.
The Norwegian is continuing to work hard in the transfer market having already signed Daniel James.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is expected to undergo a medical shortly with a view to joining him whilst there could be plenty more comings and goings at the club.
But Solskjaer revealed he views the AC Milan clash as a perfect opportunity to test his starting line-up before they enter a huge Premier League season.
“We’re getting close to the league then and playing against AC Milan in Cardiff is a great chance for us to put the full team out to test ourselves just before the league starts," Solskjaer told the organisers of the International Champions Cup.
“We’re going to have to play our top team because we want to get into the league knowing each other and having some relationships built, so it will probably look like who will start in the first league game, maybe one or two changes.”
Whilst Swansea man James is the only new face confirmed at Old Trafford, they are reportedly holding a second set of talks with the agent of Portuguese star Bruno Fernandes regarding a move.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is also on the radar amid reports they have agreed a £55m fee with Crystal Palace.
They have also not given up hope of landing Harry Maguire as their new central defender as they continue to face a transfer battle with Manchester City, whilst other names have been mentioned.
It remains to be seen how Solskjaer's side will line up on the opening day of the season, but their AC Milan encounter should provide a good idea of what fans can expect.
- Everton 2 – 0 West Ham: Resurgent Everton outclass West Ham to end losing runFootball 2 days ago
- Man United job isn't too big for me, says SolskjaerFootball 2 days ago
- David Luiz reveals the club that can challenge Liverpool to win EPL title this seasonFootball 2 days ago
- Alonso silences Newcastle taunts as Chelsea climb to thirdFootball 2 days ago
- Spurs stumble again as Leicester winFootball 2 days ago
- Seven-try All Blacks outclass Ireland to reach World Cup semisRugby 2 days ago
- Cricket: Scotland beat Kenya in T20Cricket 2 days ago