Relief for arsenal fans as Ozil now wanted by three clubs
The Gunners are looking to offload their highest earner Mesut Ozil in a frantic bid to raise more money for new arrivals this summer.
Unai Emery, who was appointed at the beginning of last season is under pressure from the club’s hierarchy to raise some money from the sales as the club is reported to be facing hefty a pretax loss.
Arsenal have now failed to qualify for the Champions League for three consecutive years and therefore attracting a major financial blow.
Former Manager Arsene Wenger Raised over £100 million from good sales of stars like Theo Walcott, Alex Chamberlain and many others but since then, the club has had poor sales managing just £7 million from last season’s sales.
As a result, the manager only has £45 million to spend having lost Aaron Ramsey for free, a player that could have fetched a considerable fee for the club.
Therefore, Emery’s only way of making money is by selling Ozil who is earning £350,000 a week at the Emirates.
Turkish outfits Galatasaray, Fenerbahce and Besiktas are considering offering the player a way out. But his £18m a year wages and his £30 m price tag are a stumbling block in any deal.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic confirms departure from LA GalaxyFootball 2 days ago
- Why a rugby field is the safest place for a woman in South Africa – CaptainRugby 2 days ago
- Man who floored McGregor sends message to MayweatherBoxing 2 days ago
- Arsene Wenger gets a new jobFootball 2 days ago
- Revealed: Why Salah will not play against Harambee StarsFootball 2 days ago
- Juventus chief 'flies to London' for talks with Man UnitedGossip & Rumours 2 days ago
- Man City make formal complaint over referee’s performance in Liverpool lossFootball 2 days ago