Relief for arsenal fans as Ozil now wanted by three clubs
The Gunners are looking to offload their highest earner Mesut Ozil in a frantic bid to raise more money for new arrivals this summer.
Unai Emery, who was appointed at the beginning of last season is under pressure from the club’s hierarchy to raise some money from the sales as the club is reported to be facing hefty a pretax loss.
Arsenal have now failed to qualify for the Champions League for three consecutive years and therefore attracting a major financial blow.
Former Manager Arsene Wenger Raised over £100 million from good sales of stars like Theo Walcott, Alex Chamberlain and many others but since then, the club has had poor sales managing just £7 million from last season’s sales.
As a result, the manager only has £45 million to spend having lost Aaron Ramsey for free, a player that could have fetched a considerable fee for the club.
Therefore, Emery’s only way of making money is by selling Ozil who is earning £350,000 a week at the Emirates.
Turkish outfits Galatasaray, Fenerbahce and Besiktas are considering offering the player a way out. But his £18m a year wages and his £30 m price tag are a stumbling block in any deal.
- What is happening to SportPesa?Football 1 day ago
- Hamilton and Messi beat Eliud Kipchoge to win Laureus World Sportsman of the YearAthletics 1 day ago
- Chapa Dimba: Nairobi region finals to be held in Jamhuri HighFootball 6 hours ago
- FKF Betway Cup: KPL clubs struggle to qualify for round of 16Football 1 day ago
- Long layoff makes it tough for Pogba- SolskjaerPremier League 1 day ago
- Sheffield Wed 0-3 Reading: Kenyan international Timbe shines in ‘Royals’ debutFootball 2 days ago
- Golf: More season to smile as Safari Tour winner to earn Sh450,000Golf 6 hours ago