Lukakuâ€™s mother star-struck at Old Trafford after meeting Lionel Messi [photos]
Being a mother to a football star comes with the honour of enjoying all the privileges life has to offer including luxurious homes, fancy cars and getting VIP access to major football matches.
But meeting Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo face to face beats all.
This was evident when Romelu Lukaku’s mum Adolphine Lukaku, was reduced to a ‘fangirl’ after meeting Barcelona star Lionel Messi at Old Trafford when the Catalans visited on Wednesday.
Images emerged of Lukakus’ mum barely able to hold it together during her brief moment with the five-time Balon d’Or winner.
Mrs Lukaku tittered like a little girl as she embraced him and then posed for a picture with the Argentine international.
Messi led the Catalan brigade that earned a 1-0 advantage in the first leg of their Champions League Quarterfinal at the Theatre of Dreams.
However, he did not have one of his best nights on the pitch as United defenders shut him down leaving him nursing a nose bleed after a nasty Chris Smalling tackle.
The Barcelona hotshot will be hoping to improve on his show when the two sides clash again on Tuesday at the Spanish colosseum.
- Allan Wanga retires from international footballFootball 1 month ago
- Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snubFootball 2 months ago
- Betting company to shut 700 gambling shops, putting 4,500 jobs at riskSports 1 month ago
- Nemanja Vidic lined up for shock Man United returnFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea new boss opens up on team future, names star who'll be crucial for Blues next seasonFootball 1 month ago
- Manchester United close to nailing elusive signatureFootball 1 month ago
- Arsenal appoint former midfielder technical directorFootball 1 month ago