Kenya Lionesses pick up back to back victories, through to Hong Kong 7s quarters
The Kenya Sevens women’s rugby team alias Kenya Lionesses are through to the quarter finals of the Hong Kong 7s.
This is following three successive victories against Uganda, Hong Kong and Papua New Guinea in the group stages.
In the first match, the Lionesses saw off East Africa neighbours Uganda 24-0 before humbling hosts Hong Kong 36-5 in the second fixture. They concluded the pool stages on a high, recording an emphatic 20-10 victory over Papua New Guinea.
They are now set to face Argentina in the quarter finals scheduled for 7 pm.
Should Kenya progress further, their chances of automatically qualifying for next season’s Women’s World Sevens Series increase.
- Walcott, Gomes included as star-studded Everton lands at JKIA for Kariobangi Sharks tieFootball 2 weeks ago
- Rice terraces and 'turtle shell' scrums: Barefoot rugby in VietnamRugby 3 weeks ago
- Michael Olunga: Senegal are also humanFootball 3 weeks ago
- Women’s World Cup: Social media uproar after ‘Tea-sipping’ goal celebrationFootball 2 weeks ago
- Everton legends call to Sharks ahead of friendlyFootball 2 weeks ago
- Shark-attack: Kariobangi Sharks drown EPL’s EvertonFootball 2 weeks ago
- Reason why Man Utd's transfer for Bruno Fernandes has been delayedFootball 1 week ago