Kenya Lionesses pick up back to back victories, through to Hong Kong 7s quarters
The Kenya Sevens women’s rugby team alias Kenya Lionesses are through to the quarter finals of the Hong Kong 7s.
This is following three successive victories against Uganda, Hong Kong and Papua New Guinea in the group stages.
In the first match, the Lionesses saw off East Africa neighbours Uganda 24-0 before humbling hosts Hong Kong 36-5 in the second fixture. They concluded the pool stages on a high, recording an emphatic 20-10 victory over Papua New Guinea.
They are now set to face Argentina in the quarter finals scheduled for 7 pm.
Should Kenya progress further, their chances of automatically qualifying for next season’s Women’s World Sevens Series increase.
- Daughter of Game Yetu sports journalist tops the 2019 KCPESports 2 days ago
- AFCON 2021 qualifiers: Harambee Stars held to a draw by the Sparrow Hawks of Togo Football 2 days ago
- Narok: Stadium to be named after NtimamaSports 2 days ago
- Boxing: Boxers take their fight to Kisumu for final legBoxing 2 days ago
- FKF Mombasa sub-branch petition Fifa over ‘flawed election guidelines’Football 2 days ago
- Champs GSU ready for KVF national play-offsVolleyball and Handball 2 days ago
- Athletics: Athletes brace for busy season ahead as AK release next season’s calendarAthletics 2 days ago