All roads lead to Coast for Chapa Dimba regional finals
Saturday and Sunday, April 6th and 7th respectively will see the fifth regional final of the hotly contested Chapa Dimba na Safaricom tournament goes to the Bomu Stadium, Changamwe.
Teams are set to contest for the coveted prize, with the matches, for the first time in a while to be played under floodlights.
This is due to the high temperatures during the day at the coast, that could negatively affect the teams’ overall performances, according to Chapa Dimba na Safaricom Coast Region Coordinator Michael Karanja.
“High temperatures in Mombasa during the day could greatly affect their performance and that’s why we felt the need to have the games played in the evening. The teams are ready and we expect very competitive and entertaining football over the weekend,” said Karanja.
The semi-finals will kick off at 3 pm while the final in scheduled to begin at 6 pm.
In the first boys’ semi-final, Kaloleni United will lock horns with Shimanzi Youth as Malindi-based Maweni United take on Kilifi’s Matsangaoni in the second.
In the girl’s semi-final, Mombasa’s Changamwe Ladies face Kwale Starlets as ex-finalists Solwogidi play Matsangaoni Ladies.
Teams which come out victorious will bag a whopping KSh200, 000 and will get the chance to represent their region in the national finals set for June this year.
KSh100, 000 will also be given to the runners-up, with individual prizes also on standby for standout performances.
Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom is a national football tournament for male and female youth aged between 16-20 years.
The tournament aims to transform the lives of young people by giving them a platform to showcase their talent and an opportunity to earn from their passion.
Through Chapa Dimba’s partnership with La Liga, an all-star team will be selected to train in Europe, Spain.
- Scotland in the slow lane as World Cup hopes dashed by JapanRugby 2 days ago
- Eliud Kipchoge nominated for prestigious global awardAthletics 2 days ago
- Bulgaria PM urges football chief to resign after England match racismFootball 1 day ago
- Bandari beat Coastal Union as they end Tanzania tourFootball 21 hours ago
- Brigid, Chepkoech shortlisted for IAAF awardsAthletics 21 hours ago
- Cross Country: Top stars set for Isaiah Kiplagat cross country showpieceAthletics 21 hours ago
- Kipchoge arrives home after running marathon in under two hoursAthletics 18 hours ago