Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao confirmed - but there's a twist
Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao will come face-to-face for a second time - on the basketball court.
The pair first fought four years ago when Mayweather comfortably outclassed his rival over 12 rounds.
Mayweather has since retired before returning to stop Conor McGregor in the second-richest fight in history.
Pacquiao has continued his career with mixed fortunes but did outpoint Adrien Broner in January.
The Filipino has held talks with Mayweather over a second showdown but now looks likely to take on Keith Thurman this summer instead.
But as he held a press conference to announce his endorsement of Belo Medical Group, Mayweather revealed he will meet up with Pacquiao in the Philippines.
During the announcement, Dr Victoria Belo said: "He's going to play basketball with Manny today," to which Mayweather responded, "Yeah, in Resorts World."
Mayweather, who underwent a skin-lightening procedure before the press conference, added: "I travel the world all the time and just to come to the Philippines again and be embraced by the Filipinos is amazing. Great place, great people, so positive."
Pacquiao had a brief stint as a professional basketball player in his homeland, playing 10 games for Kia Picanto between 2014 and 2017.
- KCB Masters offer more lessons to Kenyan prosGolf 2 weeks ago
- CORRECTION: Magufuli clip on Taifa Stars’ performance was taken out of contextSports 2 weeks ago
- Confirmed: Harambee Stars knocked out of 2019 AfconFootball 2 weeks ago
- Chelsea star agrees new five-year deal hours after Lampard’s appointmentFootball 2 weeks ago
- How South Africa’s Bafana Bafana knocked out AFCON hosts Egypt Football 2 weeks ago
- Joe Kadenge burial billed at Sh5 millionFootball 1 week ago
- REVEALED! Why there is no SportPesa Mega JackpotFootball 1 month ago