Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle: Gunners move third with clinical victory
Aaron Ramsey continued his long Arsenal farewell by boosting the Gunners' Champions League hopes.
Midfielder Ramsey perfectly squirted a low shot into the bottom corner to send the north London side on their way to a 2-0 victory over Newcastle at the Emirates.
Ramsey, who was given the captain's armband, will leave the Gunners at the end of the season having signed a money-spinning pre-contract at Italian giants Juventus.
Alexandre Lacazette made sure of the result with a delicious lob in the 83rd minute.
The result pops Unai Emery's side into their highest position of the season - third - gives them a two-point lead over top-four rivals Tottenham and Manchester United, with Chelsea a further point back.
- Mashemeji Derby: K’Ogalo and Ingwe set to renew rivalryFootball 1 week ago
- Star condemns Arsenal to shocking defeat at Goodison ParkFootball 1 month ago
- 2019 London Marathon: What is at stake for Kenyan runners?Athletics 4 weeks ago
- Six Legendary comebacks after Tottenham heroics on Wednesday nightFootball 2 weeks ago
- Floyd Mayweather relaxes in Hong Kong as Pacquiao inks new deal [photos]Boxing 1 month ago
- Premier League transfer roundup: find out who your team is chasingFootball 4 weeks ago
- Devils turned snakes: Fans not happy with Manchester United’s new away kit design [photos]Football 6 days ago