President Magufuli gifts national team players with pieces of land after AFCON qualification
On Sunday Tanzania thumped east African rivals Uganda 3-0 to reach the finals for the first time in 39 years.
“I am very happy for the honour you’ve brought to our nation,” President Magufuli told the Taifa Stars players and members of the technical bench at State House in Dar es Salaam.
“For the good work you have done to bring honour to Tanzania by qualifying for AFCON finals in Egypt, each player will get a parcel of land in Dodoma (the administrative capital)” added the Tanzanian said president Magufuli.
“I believe our players can put up a better show in Cairo, and go one place better by winning the title.”
Coached by former Nigerian international Emmanuel Amunike, Tanzania ended the qualifying process with eight points in second place behind Uganda, who topped the Group L standings with 13 points.
Taifa stars bounced back into contention for a place in the finals after two losses to Cape Verde and Lesotho in qualifying.
- How sloppy Arsenal were gunned down by Zaha, McArthurFootball 4 weeks ago
- Manchester United unveil amazing new kit[Photos]Football 5 days ago
- Man City reach FA Cup final, stay on course for four trophiesFootball 1 month ago
- Mexico's Olympic walker Gonzalez banned for dopingAthletics 1 week ago
- FIFA issues ruling on Chelsea transfer banFootball 1 week ago
- Female journalist fights star Kenyan footballer over hot chickGossip & Rumours 1 month ago
- When Mourinho ‘killed’ Cristiano at Real Madrid – Adebayor confessesFootball 3 weeks ago