Ushuru go top of league after stalemate against Kibera
Ushuru moved one point clear at the top of the National Super League (NSL) standings after drawing 2-2 against Kibera Black Stars over the weekend.
Ken Kenyatta’s side climbed above Wazito into pole position but left Camp Toyoyo frustrated after they failed to go three points clear. Wazito had lost their game against Migori Youth earlier.
The taxmen, chasing an automatic Premier League promotion, had few chances to beat their opponents but Kibera Stars proved strong and Kenyatta is now concerned about his leaking defence.
“We should have killed the game earlier but we allowed them to attack which saw them score. The defence slept a bit but we are working hard to rectify the lapses. However, I am happy we are now top but we should be careful if we are to finish top,” he said.
Brian Yakhama netted a brace for Ushuru, with Evans Chief and Denis Wanyama on target for Black Stars.
Wazito lost 1-0 at home to Migori Youth. Clinton Okoth netted the lone goal in the first half, a goal they held onto for their fourth win of the season and climb out of the relegation zone.
At the same venue, Kisumu All-Stars dropped to fourth in the standings after being held 1-1 by Talanta.
Talanta have now gone four games without a win and head coach Abdallah Juma has urged his charges to put more effort.
“We have to be strong and bounce back. The gap between us and the leaders is 10 points and we have to reduce that if we are to get back to the Premier League next season,” Juma said.
Nairobi Stima, meanwhile, are third, two points behind Wazito, following their 1-0 win over Coast Stima in a derby at the Karuturi grounds.
Kenya Police and Administration Police, in the meantime, registered identical 3-1 wins over Thika United and Modern Coast Rangers respectively.
- ‘Receiver’: Kenyan volleyball girl booted for dating four men at the same timeGossip & Rumours 1 week ago
- ‘K’Ogalo biro’ – What’s next for the Kenyan champions?Football 1 month ago
- Quins eliminate Enterprise Cup holders HomeboyzRugby 1 month ago
- Xhaka, Aubameyang on target as Arsenal climb over Man United into top 4Football 1 month ago
- Man City reach FA Cup final, stay on course for four trophiesFootball 2 weeks ago
- Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers blasted by Celtic fansFootball 1 month ago
- Hellen Obiri makes history in Aarhus DenmarkAthletics 3 weeks ago