Latest FIFA rankings see Egypt drop 20 places after disastrous World Cup
Mohamed Salah’s Egypt has dropped from 45th to 65th in the latest FIFA rankings.
The Pharaohs failed to get Salah fit in time for the opening game of the World Cup and lost 1-0 in to Uruguay courtesy of a José María Giménez header in additional time. They went on to lose their second match against Russia 3-1 before bowing out of the tournament with a humiliating loss to Saudi Arabia.
The dismal performance in Russia has seen Egypt drop down by 77 points and 20 places – the biggest drop by any football team in the history of rankings.
Meanwhile, World Cup winners France lead the way after climbing to first.
Finalists Croatia have moved into the top 10, climbing from 16th to 4th while Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions have moved up 6 places to 6th.
Lionel Messi’s Argentina, Chile, Germany and Poland have all moved out of the top 10.
Here’s the top 10:
- ‘I feel really good’ – Sir Alex Ferguson after emotional returnFootball 5 hours ago
- Police target double victories: Defending champions long to narrow 12-point gap with league leaders Butali Sugar WarriorsHockey 1 day ago
- Alexis Sanchez dubbed 'Manchester United's worst signing in years'Premier League 6 hours ago
- Kenyan female athlete threatens to expose senior athletics federation officialAthletics 4 hours ago
- EXCLUSIVE: Man United and Arsenal fight over German wonderkid dubbed the ‘new Kroos’Football 5 hours ago
- BOXING: Joshua KOs Povetkin in seventh round to retain world heavyweight titlesBoxing 6 hours ago
- How football clubs can do more to help players battling depressionSports 1 hour ago