Done deal: Barcelona star set for Man United move
Manchester United are looking to push through a £35m deal for Yerry Mina.
Mirror Sport revealed the Barcelona defender is now at the top of their wishlist after failing to land Leicester defender Harry Maguire.
Everton and Wolves had both been keen on Mina, but he always favoured a move to Old Trafford.
And now United have sent their chief negotiator to Spain to try and clinch the swoop of Mina before next week's transfer deadline.
The Sun reports United chief Matt Judge has jetted in to push through the deal following Jose Mourinho's declaration that new signings were needed.
United were preparing a £65m deal for Maguire but Leicester were adamant that England's World Cup hero was not for sale.
Now the Foxes hope to tie Maguire down on a new four-year deal worth £100,000-a-week.
Maguire still has four years left on his deal after joining from Hull last summer but is in line for a major pay-rise.
Leicester face United in their Premier League opener next Friday but Maguire won't be involved with the defender yet to return from his post-World Cup break.
Speaking after his side's draw with Valencia, Foxes boss Claude Puel said: "I don't want to make comments telling about contract or details or different things.
“The most important and only thing is Harry comes back and enjoys playing with us and to prepare for the new season with the right mind.
“I am have no hesitation about this.”
- Trouble again! Bad news about Sanchez at Manchester UnitedFootball 23 hours ago
- Sadio Mane left in floods of tears during Africa Cup of Nations qualifier match Football 1 day ago
- Bad news about Chelsea superstar leaving Stamford BridgeFootball 7 hours ago
- Manchester United hold talks with midfielder ahead of January windowFootball 2 hours ago
- Former England football star charged with sexual assaultFootball 3 hours ago
- Rugby: Kenya’s World Cup dreams go up in smokeRugby 20 hours ago
- Pogba’s latest statement leaves Man United fans excited worldwidePremier League 5 days ago