Anthony Joshua reveals what he feels for Dillian Whyte ahead of Parker bout
Anthony Joshua has admitted he 'hates' Dillian Whyte still two and a half years after their grudge match.
The IBF, WBA Super and WBO world heavyweight champion is preparing for his mandatory defence vs Alexander Povetkin in September, but is eager anticipating the Body Snatch taking on another of his former foes in Joseph Parker.
But the Brixton heavyweight still irritates AJ and despite winning his respect in the ring, animosity remains.
"Yes, I still do [hate Whyte]," Joshua admitted. "I'll always be honest – but I respect him as a fighter."
And AJ surprisingly got off the fence when making his pick, siding with his foe due to his desire.
"I’m going with Dillian and I’m going by knockout as well," Joshua told Sky Sports.
"You’re probably thinking what my reason is, I’m going by knockout. I feel like Dillian ain't got nothing to lose.
"He’s been screaming at world champions saying I want to fight there and I want to fight here, and I feel like he wants to prove himself."
- Weekend clubs round up results: Mugure braves strong winds to bag victoryGolf 1 month ago
- Biggest rivalry in football: Manchester United Vs LiverpoolFootball 1 month ago
- Chelsea shock loss to Everton stifles Maurizio Sarri's top-four hopesFootball 1 week ago
- The one player Solskjaer ‘doesn’t trust’ to face LiverpoolPremier League 1 month ago
- Man City hit humiliated Chelsea for six to go top once moreFootball 1 month ago
- How Emiliano Sala’s saga highlights murky dealings of player agentsFootball 2 weeks ago
- FKF promises to pay Harambee Starlets once government remits cashFootball 1 month ago