Anthony Joshua reveals what he feels for Dillian Whyte ahead of Parker bout
Anthony Joshua has admitted he 'hates' Dillian Whyte still two and a half years after their grudge match.
The IBF, WBA Super and WBO world heavyweight champion is preparing for his mandatory defence vs Alexander Povetkin in September, but is eager anticipating the Body Snatch taking on another of his former foes in Joseph Parker.
But the Brixton heavyweight still irritates AJ and despite winning his respect in the ring, animosity remains.
"Yes, I still do [hate Whyte]," Joshua admitted. "I'll always be honest – but I respect him as a fighter."
And AJ surprisingly got off the fence when making his pick, siding with his foe due to his desire.
"I’m going with Dillian and I’m going by knockout as well," Joshua told Sky Sports.
"You’re probably thinking what my reason is, I’m going by knockout. I feel like Dillian ain't got nothing to lose.
"He’s been screaming at world champions saying I want to fight there and I want to fight here, and I feel like he wants to prove himself."
- Golf: Ndung’u wins inaugural LSK tournament in Nakuru Golf 1 day ago
- Golf: Nderitu wins 2018 Vet Lab Captain prizeGolf 1 day ago
- Barcelona send powerful message to Arsenal about signing DembeleFootball 32 minutes ago
- Chepkoech one step away from best athlete awardAthletics 20 hours ago
- Trouble again! Bad news about Sanchez at Manchester UnitedFootball 1 day ago
- Arsenal star set for shock exitFootball 1 hour ago
- Unbeaten Selecta are Division One champsFootball 20 hours ago