Four Gor Mahia fans killed in grisly accident at Mlolongo
Four Gor Mahia fans died on the spot Sunday afternoon in a grisly road accident involving two vehicles along Nairobi-Mombasa Highway.
The fans were travelling to the Kenyatta stadium in Machakos to spectate in a Thika United football match.
Witnesses said some of the fans were hanging on the bus when the driver lost its control and crashed onto another vehicle that was ahead of it. At least ten other fans were injured in the incident.
The fans had earlier on made several rounds in the Central Business District in Nairobi shouting and whistling while hanging on the bus recklessly before hitting the road to Machakos.
Police said they were called and informed of the incident before they rushed to the scene. Images of the scene of the accident were horrible indicating the impact and speed at which the vehicle was moving.
The bodies were moved to the mortuary while the injured were taken to hospital.
- Nakumatt, Ushuru fight for Premier League slotFootball 3 days ago
- Masai and Defar set for Amsterdam showdownAthletics 3 days ago
- Bandari urged to play more matchesFootball 5 days ago
- Rashford, Martial start for Man United as Morata leads the line for ChelseaPremier League 1 day ago
- Unai Emery sends warning to Arsenal fans about certain chantFootball 3 days ago
- SportPesa Shield: Sharks coach Muluya eyes Cup glory on SaturdayFootball 5 days ago
- SHUT IT! Man United players share clips of legends’ mistakesPremier League 3 days ago