Four Gor Mahia fans killed in grisly accident at Mlolongo
Four Gor Mahia fans died on the spot Sunday afternoon in a grisly road accident involving two vehicles along Nairobi-Mombasa Highway.
The fans were travelling to the Kenyatta stadium in Machakos to spectate in a Thika United football match.
Witnesses said some of the fans were hanging on the bus when the driver lost its control and crashed onto another vehicle that was ahead of it. At least ten other fans were injured in the incident.
The fans had earlier on made several rounds in the Central Business District in Nairobi shouting and whistling while hanging on the bus recklessly before hitting the road to Machakos.
Police said they were called and informed of the incident before they rushed to the scene. Images of the scene of the accident were horrible indicating the impact and speed at which the vehicle was moving.
The bodies were moved to the mortuary while the injured were taken to hospital.
- Dispatch from Dar: Tanzania Police preach road safetyFootball 10 hours ago
- Guardiola unhappy as City keep pace with Liverpool in Huddersfield winFootball 13 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out for weeks after horrific injuryFootball 2 days ago
- Boxer suffers horror cut during undercard of Pacquiao's WBA welterweight title defenceBoxing 15 hours ago
- Huge boost for Chelsea as they land top Juventus strikerGossip & Rumours 4 days ago
- “It didn’t help the players at all” – Gor Mahia coach Oktay slams Kerr’s tacticsFootball 2 days ago
- Cricket: Swamibapa continue with winning ways in NPCA T20 leagueCricket 10 hours ago