Athletics Kenya name sportsmen and women expected at Commonwealth games trials
Over 250 sportsmen and women have been invited by the Athletics Kenya (AK) to turn up and compete at the Commonwealth games trials.
In press release sent to newsrooms, Athletics Kenya listed the names of the participants expected to participate in the trials that will be held on February 16th to 17th at Moi International Sports Centre, Kasarani in Nairobi.
The 2018 Commonwealth Games, officially known as the XXI Commonwealth Games and commonly known as Gold Coast 2018, will be held on the Gold Coast, Queensland, and Australia between 4 and 15 April 2018.
Kenya has been allocated only 125 participants in this year’s Commonwealth Games.
The new quota means a reduction from 195 participants that took part in 2014 edition in Glasgow, Scotland with athletics taking the lion’s share in the team with 66 athletes.
Kenya topped the medal table in athletics at the 2014 Glasgow Games in Scotland with ten gold medals, ten silver and five bronze with most of the medals coming from athletics with one bronze coming from boxing and the others in Paralympics.
Below are the names of the participants expected to turn up at the Commonwealth games trials;
- Why Real Madrid defender Marcelo chopped away the net after Champions League winFootball 14 hours ago
- How Champions League pitch invader ruined Cristiano Ronaldo’s hopesFootball 10 hours ago
- Mo Salah gives MASSIVE WORLD CUP UPDATE after shoulder injuryFootball 9 hours ago
- Photos of Faith Kipyegon’s Baby shower emerge on social mediaGossip & Rumours 11 hours ago
- HOCKEY: Telkom beat woeful VikingsHockey 1 day ago
- Hope for Salah as angry Egyptians snap at 'Ramos the Dog'Football 13 hours ago
- Equatorial Guinea: We will give it our best shotFootball 8 hours ago