National Olympic Committee of Kenya polls pushes boxing league
The National Olympic Committee of Kenya (Nock) election, which is set for September 29, has resulted in changes in the National Boxing League (NBL) calendar.
The fourth leg of the NBL has been moved from September 21-23 to October 5-7 in Nakuru and the final league has been pushed from this month to November 2-4 in Mombasa.
"We have been forced to come up with changes in the league to allow us to participate in the forthcoming Nock elections," said Boxing Association of Kenya Vice President Albert Matito.
He said the federation's president, John Kameta, would take part in the elections while he (Matito) would be an observer. [Ben Ahenda]
- Snook targets World Cup qualification with SimbasRugby 1 month ago
- Champions League: Ronaldo uncertain over futureFootball 46 minutes ago
- Mo Salah gives MASSIVE WORLD CUP UPDATE after shoulder injuryFootball 2 hours ago
- Athletics: Cheruiyot victorious in Bowerman Mile raceAthletics 46 minutes ago
- How Champions League pitch invader ruined Cristiano Ronaldo’s hopesFootball 2 hours ago