Chelsea launch shock move to snatch Christiano Ronaldo from under Manchester United’s nose
Chelsea have sensationally entered the race to sign Cristiano Ronaldo, in the hope it helps keep Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge.
The Real Madrid superstar stunned world football this week when it emerged he wants out of the Bernabeu after being accused of tax evasion, according to The Sun.
It is believed Ronaldo, 32, has his heart set on a Manchester United return – with Madrid willing to do business for a fee of £175million.
But, according to the Daily Express, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is prepared to stump up to land the Portuguese star – if that is what it takes to secure Conte’s future in west London.
The Blues boss is stalling over contract negotiations due the champions’ lack of activity in the transfer market.
And it is claimed Abramovich hopes launching a bid for Ronaldo will show Conte he is serious about making big-name signings.
- Hope for Salah as angry Egyptians snap at 'Ramos the Dog'Football 1 hour ago
- Eliud Kipchoge eight step recipe to success: Kipchoge has studied famous philosophers Aristotle and PlatoAthletics 20 hours ago
- 'Passion, belief and discipline': He is an avid reader and motivational speaker on investmentAthletics 20 hours ago
- Big shots in chase for league titleHockey 1 day ago
- Champions League final line-ups: Real Madrid vs Liverpool at 9:45pm on KTN HomeFootball 23 hours ago
- Trump pardons late black boxing champion Jack Johnson jailed for dating white womanBoxing 1 day ago
- PHOTOS: Liverpool fans attacked by hooligans ahead of Champions League finalFootball 1 day ago