Griezmann extends Atletico deal until 2022
Atletico Madrid's French star Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract with the Spanish club by a year, according to press reports in Spain on Monday.
"Antoine Griezmann signed a contract with Atletico until 2022," Madrid sports daily Marca reported.
According to As newspaper, "Atletico has revised the player's salary to reward his performance" and made an "economic effort" to convince the player to stay.
The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a move away from Atletico but said earlier this month that he intended to stay at the club.
Griezmann arrived in Atletico in 2014 for 30 million euros from Real Sociedad, where he started his career in 2009.
He has scored 83 goals in 160 games for the club, with whom he reached the Champions League final in 2016.
- Kenya Sevens coach Simiyu sackedRugby 1 day ago
- Fans shocked by what Messi did in Argentina's defeat by Croatia in World CupWorld Cup 2018 12 hours ago
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Why I am growing a beard this World Cup seasonWorld Cup 2018 1 day ago
- Death threats sent to Colombian midfielder Sanchez after he was red carded World Cup 2018 10 hours ago
- Messi and Aguero to retire from international football if Argentina flop out of World CupWorld Cup 2018 6 hours ago
- Senegal defender confirms Sarri’s move to ChelseaWorld Cup 2018 9 hours ago
- Sterling reveals the incredible story behind why he turned down ArsenalFootball 5 hours ago