County bans fishing along Lake Naivasha
By Antony Gitonga | July 27th 2020
The department of fisheries has now banned fishing along the shores of Lake Naivasha.
In a raft of measures meant to save the fisheries sector that is facing collapse, the county has also outlawed night fishing and formed a special unit to patrol the troubled lake.
The department also announced that local traders dealing in fishing gear will have to be licensed by the county government in a bid to control import of illegal nets.
According to Agriculture CEC Dr Immaculate Maina, a taskforce to look into the challenges facing the lake would be formed in two weeks.
According to the national vice-chairman Beach Management Unit Lucas Auma, illegal fishermen had taken over the lake.
New Uhuru-Suluhu deal on border barriers bears fruit
- Museveni hits at the West as he's sworn in for sixth term
By Brian Otieno
- The long and vicious battle for Samuel Wanjiru’s millions
- Animal numbers tumble as fences block migration corridors
- Three arrested over failed raid on Kinamba Police Station
- The big-hearted granny saving teenage mothers, widows in Kisumu