Two people die in Naivasha road accicdent
By Antony Gitonga | July 16th 2020
Two people died on the spot following a grisly road accident involving two trucks along the Naivasha-Mai Mahiu road on Thursday morning.
The accident near Longonot trading center occurred after a trailer that was heading to Naivasha from Mai Mahiu rammed into an incoming canter while overtaking.
Naivasha OCPD Samuel Waweru confirmed the accident noting that the two drivers were alone when the accident occurred.
"The bodies have been collected and taken to Naivasha mortuary while the wrecks have been towed to Naivasha police station," he said.
On impact, the two died on the spot while the trailer spilled tonnes of rice that it was ferrying leading to a scramble from area residents.
The bodies of the two drivers of the truck and a Canter were for over one hour trapped in the wreckage before police moved to retrieve them.
A witness, Peter Kiarie, said that the driver of the trailer was to blame after he decided to overtake without checking if there were any incoming vehicles.
“The trailer driver who was in very high speed caused the accident which unfortunately claimed his life and that of the other driver,” he said.
Knitting diver Tom Daley catches attention at Tokyo Olympics
- Abel Kipsang sets new Olympic record in 1,500m semis
- Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession