Party officials in war of words with Bondo MP over disloyalty claims
By Isaiah Gwengi | June 7th 2020
All is not well in ODM, Bondo branch, after some party officials questioned area MP Gideon Ochanda’s conduct.
The officials on Tuesday issued a statement accusing Ochanda of being disloyal to the party. The MP had just survived removal from a parliamentary committee.
The officials, George Mawere (Organising Secretary), Jully Okello (Women Leader) and Rose Angule (former nominated MCA) called on the MP to clear his name over claims that he had links with Deputy President William Ruto.
“As the party’s secretary in the constituency we no longer have confidence in him,” said Mawere.
Ochanda on the other hand accused his political opponents of tainting his name.
East African Legislative Assembly member Oburu Oginga defended the officials, but added that they were speaking in their own capacity and not the party’s.
NTSA pursuing racing Subaru drivers
- Justice Nduma Nderi: What I will do when I become CJ
- Thika Road accident leaves two police offices injured
- Bad blood among Koinange kin derails 40-year-old succession battle
- Senior officer injured in road accident manning roadblock
By Mate Tongola
- How the Rwathia boys carved own corner at Nairobi bourse