Kindiki affirms loyalty to President Uhuru, appeals for compensation for region
By Phares Mutembei
| May 27th 2020
A week after he was removed as Senate Deputy Speaker, Kithure Kindiki (pictured) has reaffirmed his loyalty to the Jubilee Party and support for President Uhuru Kenyatta.
In his first communication on his ouster circulated to media houses, the Tharaka Nithi senator thanked those who stood with him in his tribulations at the Senate, but added that he remains loyal to President Kenyatta.
“I request the residents of Tharaka Nithi and Kenyans at large to remain calm and focused on the things that matter to us collectively as a nation. I reiterate my remarks in my exit speech on the floor of the Senate on the day of my removal, that I remain a loyal member of Jubilee and a supporter of President Uhuru Kenyatta until the end of his term in August 2022,” read the signed statement which was dated May 26.
He appreciated leaders from different fields who pleaded, albeit in futility, with the Jubilee leadership and President Kenyatta to spare him from the removal process fronted by the newly installed Senate Majority Whip Irungu Kang’ata.
Prof Kindiki said: “I thank the Ameru Njuri Ncheke Council of elders, the Tharaka Council of elders, political leaders and hundreds of Kenyans who stood with me during my political crucifixion last week.”
Kindiki also pleaded with the national government to complete stalled projects in the region, and to appoint someone from Tharaka Nithi to a senior position in the expected reorganization of the government.
“In the meantime, I respectfully appeal to President Kenyatta’s administration to hasten completion of several roads, water and other development projects that began in 2013 but have since stalled. Additionally, I request the President to compensate the people of Tharaka Nithi for my removal by appointing another son or daughter of the county to a senior position in government, in the wake of reports of possible reorganization of the government,” he said.
The former deputy speaker also alerted Kenyans of existence of parody accounts on social media.
He said the social media accounts bearing his name and which have seen much discussions in the wake of his removal, were not his.
“I shut my Facebook and Twitter accounts two years ago and I am not on social media. When I decide to return to social media, I will do so formally. I ask Kenyans to ignore unknown persons who I am told have opened Facebook and Twitter accounts under my name and are using them to maliciously spew unhelpful rhetoric uncharacteristic of me.”
Kenyans now forming flea markets along roadsFlea markets along roadsides are not the only new normal, in estates cars have been turned to markets as a measure to earn an extra coin
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Mystery of body of Embu-based DCI officer found 400km away near Iten
- Former LinkedIn boss found dead in Nairobi hotel
- Governor Kibwana: I disown my deputy for joining DP Ruto’s camp
- Governor Rasanga pulls out of parliamentary race
- Why I ditched Ruto for Raila, reveals MP Pkosing
- President Kenyatta condoles with family of former Speaker Kenneth Marende