Bishop nominee rejected in Nyandarua County Assembly
By - | June 19th 2013
Nyandarua, Kenya: Nyandarua County Assembly has finally approved a list of Governor Daniel Waithaka’s nominees to the county executive committee.
Only a bishop who had been named in the list was rejected. The members adopted the report presented to the House by the appointment committee which recommended that Bishop Joseph Methu should not be approved.
He had been nominated to the communication and e-government docket.
They however unanimously endorsed the appointment of the nine others they had previously rejected. The adoption saw women take over prestigious dockets.
CAS positions not recognised by law: High Court
- Another Kiambu woman allegedly killed by lover
- Catholic priests among those arrested in Homa Bay for flouting Covid-19 rules
By James Omoro
- Ruto’s mumbo-jumbo on economy exposed ruling elite as out of touch
- Spurned man splits throat in public
- Man returns after 14 years to deal with news of his death