Boy commits suicide to avoid joining Class Eight
By James Omoro
| July 8th 2021
A pupil committed suicide in Gwassi Central in Homa Bay after his family rejected his decision to stop going to school.
The pupil at God Bura Primary School in Suba Sub-county reportedly went missing from home on Friday last week only for his body to be found dangling from a tree in a bush near his parents’ home at Kimoro village.
Area chief Winnie Onyango said: “The boy had been reluctant to join Standard Eight. He may have committed suicide to avoid being registered as a candidate.”
Daddy's Girl: Journey on being raised by single fatherHe says she will tell her own story. He wants to tell his, and that of his daughter.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Boda boda operator shot dead after refusing to bribe police
- EACC raises alarm over fee hike crisis in schools
- Joho says petition seeking his removal is unconstitutional
- LSK President to challenge roll out of teacher refresher courses by TSC
- KQ admits aircraft’s loss of communication over Germany
- Be cautious while reporting rape cases, DCI