Millie Odhiambo's bodyguard killed in poll chaos
By Standard Reporter | April 25th 2017
One person died in Homa Bay County after the ODM party nominations turned chaotic.
The bodyguard of Mbita MP Millie Odhiambo was killed and six people were seriously injured after violence broke out at a polling station.
Kennedy Okore, 37, was run over by a campaign vehicle speeding from a chaotic scene where Ms Odhiambo’s supporters had clashed with those of her opponent, James Akali, at Urinda Primary School in Lambwe ward Monday afternoon.
Another Kiambu woman allegedly killed by lover
- Spurned man splits throat in public
- Kinoti says TV expose guns ‘not owned’ by police
By Brian Obuya
- Jubilee ends its coalition agreement with UDA
- Chad President Idriss Deby dies on front lines
- CAS positions not recognised by law: High Court