Tragedy as three children drown in seasonal river
By James Omoro | August 20th 2016
Three children aged between seven and 11 drowned yesterday in a river in Ndhiwa Sub-county as they were learning how to swim.
The children from Ruri village, Mbita Sub-county, had taken their livestock to the seasonal Kariaga river when they decided to jump into the water, even though they did not know how to swim.
North Kanyamwa Chief Daniel Odongo said the fourth boy who had waited to see how his friends would swim ran home when the three did not resurface on the water.
Homa Bay County Police Commander John Omusanga identified the boys as Joseph Ouma, 11, Davis Ochieng’, nine, and Don Clifford Oluoch aged seven. -James Omoro
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession
- Why lawyer wants Uhuru jailed
- Uhuru's Sh1.4tr legacy projects to rejuvenate Coast economy