Former Mungiki leader Maina Njenga sues IEBC, Jubilee
By Faith Karanja | March 7th 2017
Former Mungiki leader Maina Njenga wants the Political Parties Dispute Tribunal to quash a decision by the electoral commission and the Jubilee Party to reject his nomination papers.
Mr Maina, through lawyer Evans Ondieki, is seeking orders restraining the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission and the Jubilee Party from conducting any prejudicial activities against him.
"I am a member of Jubilee Party. I believe the Constitution indicates that IEBC and Jubilee Party should act in a transparent manner," he argues.
New Uhuru-Suluhu deal on border barriers bears fruit
- Museveni hits at the West as he's sworn in for sixth term
By Brian Otieno
- The long and vicious battle for Samuel Wanjiru’s millions
- Animal numbers tumble as fences block migration corridors
- Three arrested over failed raid on Kinamba Police Station
- The big-hearted granny saving teenage mothers, widows in Kisumu