IngredientsOne teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated and minced garlic One small ripe tomato, peeled and crushed (or a tablespoon of tomato paste), (optional) One-half teaspoon tamarind paste, and/or a half-teaspoon of curry powder or similar
spices, (optional)Two tablespoons of Avena Oil Two tablespoons water Black pepper, to taste Salt to taste One to two pounds beef, cut into bite-sized cubes (chicken can also be used)
1. In a clean glass bowl, combine all marinade ingredients (everything except the meat or chicken). Stir vigorously until everything is well mixed.
2. Add the meat to the marinade, gently stirring to make sure the meat is covered. Allow to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Place the marinated meat on skewers (if you like, chunks of onion or green pepper can be alternated with the meat).
4. Cook over hot coals or in the oven until meat is done.
5. Serve with chapati or rice, bread, as an appetizer or main course.