ALSO READ: Head games: Get the look
Now there's no excuse! When the going gets tough, the tough gets going - with a glammed up DIY hairstyle.
1. Comb through the hair then part it into four sections.
2. Plait loose Matuta's on the front then tuck the tips into the base of the matuta.
2. Repeat the same at the back and sides but with bigger sections as you tuck in the tips.
ALSO READ: Head games: Fringe benefits
3. Use hair styling gel to work the edges and a bit of hair sheen to finish.
4. Tie a colorful silk head scarf or silk ribbon/belt around your head.
6. You can use hair pins to hold the middle section together into a bun.
Photos: Lucky Gitonga
Model: Leah Wanjiru
ALSO READ: Head games: Aiming high